Thanks for choosing to participate in the exchange of ideas and information in the Florida Realtors®’ online community, The Voice. To ensure the best possible experience for all users, we have established these Rules of Conduct (“Rules”) applicable to those who participate. Please read this document carefully as it contains important information regarding your legal rights, remedies, and obligations in the context of using The Voice.
Online networking tools and sites are constantly evolving. Florida Realtors, therefore, reserves the right, in its sole discretion to change, modify, add, and delete portions of these Rules at any time without further notice. Such modifications will be effective immediately upon posting. You agree to review the Rules regularly to be aware of such modifications, and your continued access or use of our sites shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified Rules.
Florida Realtors does not actively monitor The Voice for inappropriate postings and does not generally on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to our attention, Florida Realtors will take action that it deems appropriate. Florida Realtors reserves the right to terminate the right to use The Voice by any user who does not abide by the Rules.
- Don't post commercial messages. Contact people directly through a private source with product and service information if they request it and you believe you can help them. However, practice discretion when reaching out privately to other members. The Voice is a tool that should be used in a friendly manner to promote interaction and engagement. It should not be used as a source for sales-related cold calls/outreach and anyone who uses it this way will have their rights revoked.
- Use caution when discussing programs, products or services. Information posted on our sites is subject to libel, slander and antitrust laws.
- Comments posted for the purpose of selling a product or service are prohibited and will be subject to deletion. Offer insight and education around products or services you are familiar with but do not attempt to “sell” specific products or services.
- Don't intimidate, attack or harass other users. Discussions on The Voice are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Be courteous; let other users have their say, just as you may.
- Do not encourage or direct users to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are prohibited: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal content is strictly prohibited. Do not post or link to anything on The Voice that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Florida Realtors and users of The Voice a nonexclusive license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
- Do not use The Voice in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair The Voice or its underlying technology.
- Do not harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications.
- Do not upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation.
- Do not upload, post, transmit, share, store, or otherwise make publicly available on The Voice any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, or financial information.
- Do not upload, post, transmit, share, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment that power The Voice.
- Do not upload, post, transmit, share, store, or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage, or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national, or international law.
- Do not upload, post, transmit, share, store, or otherwise make publicly available objectionable content, content which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying The Voice, or which may expose Florida Realtors or other users to any harm or liability of any type.
- Florida Realtors reserves the right to delete any user created community without notice to the community manager if there has been no activity in the community for six months. Florida Realtors shall not be liable to the community manager or any community member for any loss arising out of the deletion including, without limitation, the loss of access to data, files or other information posted to the community.
The Voice is provided as a service of Florida Realtors for members. Florida Realtors is not responsible for the opinions and information posted by non-Florida Realtors employees on The Voice or on any of Florida Realtors’ social networking and social media sites including, without limitation, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (collectively, the “Networking Sites”).
Warranty Disclaimer. The Networking Sites are provided “as is” and “as available” Florida Realtors disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law any and all representations and warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation, implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or noninfringement. Florida Realtors has no control over the uptime of the Networking Sites and makes no guarantees or warranties that the Networking Sites may be inaccessible from time to time. Florida Realtors reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Networking Sites with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you. Florida Realtors makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of any content on the Networking Sites and does not endorse any user content posted on thereon. Florida Realtors assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of any content; personal injury or property damage of any nature whatever resulting from your access to and use of the Networking Sites; any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our Social Sites; any bugs or viruses which may be transmitted to or through the Networking Sites by any third party. Florida Realtors does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Networking Sites or any hyperlinked website, or featured in any banner or other advertising, and Florida Realtors will not be a party to or in any way responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
General Practices Regarding Use and Storage. You agree that Florida Realtors has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any user content and other communications maintained by the Networking Sites. Florida Realtors retains the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
Intellectual Property Rights. You acknowledge that Florida Realtors owns all rights, title and interest in and to all trademarks of the Florida Realtors including, without limitation, The Voice, the look and feel of The Voice and all content posted on any Social Site by Florida Realtors (the "Florida Realtors Rights"). Florida Realtors Rights are protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws. Accordingly, you agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify or create derivative works therefrom. You also agree that you will not use any robot, spider, automated device or manual process to monitor or copy any content from the Social Sites. Florida Realtors Rights do not include any content that you or any third-party post as part of the Social Sites.
Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances will Florida Realtors be liable to any user for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from any provision of the Rules, the Legal Terms or your use of the Social Sites. You specifically acknowledge that Florida Realtors shall not be liable for user content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
Indemnity. To the fullest extent provided by law, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Florida Realtors, its Directors, Officers, members, affiliates, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising from your use of and access to the Social Sites; your violation of any of the Rules; your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, property, or privacy right; any claim that one of your comments caused damage to a third party. The foregoing indemnification obligation will survive the termination of your right to use the Social Sites.
Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of Florida Realtors to exercise or enforce any right or provision herein shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision herein is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising of or related to your use of the Social Sites must be filed against Florida Realtors within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.